A brief description of my life.
I live in Pacifica, Calif. on a hillside overlooking the Pacific ocean and part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. I live with my wife, Laurie Ochsner, our daughter Gwyneth, and our two cats (pronounced Toocha) and George (of the Jungle... Cat). I work in San Carlos as a Systems Engineer for Ledger Systems. On weekends I mostly work on our house ( I was a professional handyman for fourteen years, and can't leave well enough alone). My family has scattered to the four winds, so we are seldom all together.
- Reading (primarily science & science fiction)
- Game-playing (board games, card games, computer games (with the emphatic exception of shoot-'em-up arcade-style ones), physical games (volleyball, Rounders, etc.), and almost anything else that fits under the rubric "game")
- Fencing (foil, épée, sabre, and rapier & dagger)
- Living History (In addition to the Renaissance Faire, I have been a docent (and crewed) on a 16th C. galleon, I have been involved in museum programs, and The National Civil War Association.)
- Fiddling on and with computers (I like the Mac best)
- Good wine (I tend to like reds) and good beer (English-style bitters are still my favorites)
- Listening to music (jazz, classical (actually I don't much like Classical -- I much prefer Renaissance, Baroque, and Romantic), rock & roll, bluegrass, Irish, musicals (Gilbert & Sullivan are current favorites), some country (but not western), and African & other World Music)
My current projects
© 1995, 2008 ChaosMedia by Chris Monser.